Take Five With Dr. Robert Lefton
Today’s Take Five is extra special: We sat down with Dr. Robert Lefton, one of PA’s original founders, and current Chairman and CEO. If you don’t know Dr. Lefton, he’s whip-smart, but he always has a joke. He rightfully takes great pride in Psychological Associates’ history, and after almost 60 years in business, he still plays an active role in our operations. Take it away, Dr. Lefton!
- Movie you quote from all the time?
- 12 Angry Men
- Favorite lunch spot?
- Carl’s Deli
- Favorite book?
- Night owl or early riser?
- Night owl
- What’s your spirit animal?
- A cuddly dog
- What are you currently reading?
- Ron Chernow’s biography of Ulysses S. Grant
- Baseball or hockey?
- Hockey — I was on the Board of the St. Louis Blues for seven years
- Favorite snack?
- Jelly beans and cinnamon bears — Janis keeps me stocked
- Three words to describe yourself?
- Inquisitive, Reader, Likes People (okay, that’s four, but we can’t say no to any of them!)
- What’s your proudest moment at PA?
- Writing our first book, Effective Selling Through Psychology in the 1970s. I was asked to speak about it at the ASTD conference in Miami. They put me in a room for an audience of 40, but 1,000 showed up! It was the first time Psychological Associates broke out of St. Louis and reached a global clientele.
Thanks, Dr. Lefton, for giving us time out of your busy schedule!