Take Five, where we get to know the Psychological Associates team a little better, is back! Today, we’ll meet Jessica Lefton, a Marketing Communications Specialist on the team. As you might have figured out from the name, Jessica is a third-generation member of the Lefton family, granddaughter of PA co-founder Dr. Robert Lefton and daughter of COO Jeff Lefton. She’s also a world traveler with stints in Japan, Indonesia, and Vietnam among the stamps in her passport. Take it away, Jessica!
- Movie you quote from all the time?
- It’s not a movie, but I quote Arrested Development all the time.
- Favorite lunch spot?
- Guerilla Street Food. But I can’t eat it on a work day – it always sends me into a food coma!
- Coffee or tea?
- Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon
- Night owl or early riser?
- Night owl
- Who inspires you?
- Last summer I worked with a group of volunteers through the Young South East Asian Leaders Indonesia program and my alma matter, the University of Puget Sound. Seeing firsthand how motivated these young people are to enact positive change in their country was certainly inspiring.
- What are you currently watching and reading?
- Watching: The Good Place
- Reading: At any given moment I’m probably reading two or three books. Right now, I’m digging into Becoming by Michelle Obama, and How Long ‘til Black Future Month by N.K. Jemison
- Hogwarts house?
- What’s your pet’s name(s)?
- I have an adorable cat named Mochi
- Three words to describe yourself?
- Easy-going, curious, (full of) wanderlust
- What’s your proudest moment at PA?
- I’m very proud to represent the third generation of Lefton family members here at Psychological Associates. It’s really special to come to work every day and see my dad and my grandfather hard at work. I’m learning a lot both from them and the rest of our amazing team, and I’m sure my best moments are still ahead of me.