We’re back with an all new Take Five! Today’s entry comes from Jamie Jenkins, PA’s’ undergraduate intern. Jamie completed her BS in Healthcare Studies last year. She is currently rounding out her course candidacy for graduate school at the University of Missouri St. Louis (UMSL), and hopes to begin the I/O Psychology Masters Program at UMSL or SIU-Edwardsville in the fall. We’re so glad to have her as part of the Psychological Associates team!
- Movie you quote from all the time?
- I’m not sure. Whatever the moment calls for. Harry Potter maybe?
- Coffee or tea?
- Both! Honestly depends on my mood and the time of day
- Favorite book?
- As an avid reader, I don’t believe in a single favorite book; I believe that this is flexible, as we discover newer and better things in life. That being said, my favorite non-fiction novel is The Sunflower by Richard Paul Evans, and my favorite fiction author is Laurell K. Hamilton.
- Who inspires you?
- Everyone has something that they excel at or has worked through something difficult, and I find learning about those stories very inspiring/motivating
- What’s your spirit animal?
- The turtle. The turtle totem wisdom teaches us about walking our path in peace and sticking to it with determination and serenity. Slow moving on earth, yet also incredibly fast and agile in water, those who have the turtle as totem or spirit animal may be encouraged to take a break in their busy lives and look around or within themselves for more grounded, long-lasting solutions.
- What are you currently watching/reading?
- Watching: Elementary
- Reading: A Court of Wings & Ruin and textbooks
- Hogwarts house?
- Ravenclaw. Ravenclaws possess the ability to learn quickly and adapt to situations with ease. They also tend to be very wise. You’re original and creative, and you know how to use your strengths to your advantage! You have a competitive spirit, which is good for sports such as Quidditch, but don’t let it make you a sore loser!
- What’s your pet’s name(s)?
- Chloe, an American Terrior/Pitbull Mix
- Three words to describe yourself?
- Creative, Curious, Outdoorsy
- What’s your proudest moment at PA?
- When I was hired!