Required: Ph.D. in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Counseling Psychology, or Clinical Psychology.
Reports to: President
The Vice President, Performance Consulting, is a senior-level client-service delivery role. The person in this role is expected to capably deliver all products and services offered by Psychological Associates. This person is also expected to demonstrate success in autonomously growing and developing business within clients, through the development of trusted partner relationships.
- Assessment of senior executives for hiring and promotion
- High-level facilitation skills and credibility with C-Suite Teams
- Ability to be certified in our flagship learning and development offering
- Autonomous management of client relationships and accounts
- Supervision of Manager and Director-level staff
- Development and implementation of succession or change management projects
- Instructional design
Other Skills and Activities
- Design and execute talent selection and development solutions
- Display strong business acumen
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert in winning new business
- Ability to generate new business within current clients
- Deliver a full range of consulting services at senior executive levels
- Possess credible public speaking skills
- Identify and approach potential new strategic customers
- Manage key accounts
- Establish strong, long-term client relationships
- Communicate with major clients on a regular basis, and respond to specific queries
- Suggest solutions and innovative ideas to meet client needs
- Handle complaints and problems in a timely and effective manner
- Act as the liaison between key customers and internal teams
- Exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for building strong client relationships
- Show strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude
- A minimum of 25% travel
- Flexibility to respond to unexpected client demands, on-site or off-site
- Top-notch customer service, including timeliness, quality products, and delivery on promises
- Cooperating within the organizational structure; taking direction from supervisor and other leaders
- Productive communication and problem-solving
- Self-management of stress
- Offering a “how can I help?” attitude internally and externally
Why Psychological Associates?
- A growing organization with a newly promoted president and a fresh vision
- Team environment
- Opportunity to have a major impact in our client organizations with your expertise and our support
- A variety of work and developmental opportunities, ranging from assessments, 360° surveys, team interventions, succession planning, family business consulting, conducting leadership development workshops, and coaching
- Travel opportunities periodically in, and occasionally, outside the U.S.
- We strive to live the Q4 culture that we teach: concern for the task and a regard for people.
- Founded in 1958. Headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Family owned. 40 team members.
- We serve clients throughout the U.S., and in several foreign countries.
- We have published five books and developed an integrated suite of tools around our Q4 Dimensional® Model of Behavior™.
- We have an extensive base of intellectual property that has been developed over the last 59 years. We continually add to and update it to keep our content fresh and relevant.