The Director, Performance Consulting, is a client-service delivery role. You have the opportunity to make a significant impact in a variety of client organizations through helping with their talent selection, leadership development, succession planning, family business issues, etc.
We are looking for you to have experience in a number of these areas. We will train you in our approach, collaborate to help you deliver top-quality service, and equip you with a variety of integrated tools we have developed.
- Ph.D. or Masters in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Counseling Psychology, or Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited institution.
- 3+ years’ work experience, preferably in a business environment.
Reports to: President
Client Delivery Activities
- Integrate and interpret personality, cognitive, and leadership style assessments, discuss your insights with hiring managers, write summary reports.
- Coach leaders to higher performance levels.
- Provide feedback to leaders on their 360 surveys.
- Facilitate team building sessions, helping them attain greater synergy.
- Facilitate our leadership workshop.
- Guide family businesses through challenging issues.
- Plan and implement succession, change management, and culture change projects.
Consulting Skills Desired
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our clients. Develop strong client relationships. Manage and develop business within client accounts.
- Possess strong business acumen. Learn and understand clients’ businesses and issues.
- Suggest solutions and innovative ideas to meet client needs.
- Exhibit good interpersonal, communication, and public speaking skills.
- Identify and approach new potential strategic customers.
- Handle any problems or complaints in a timely and effective manner. Strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- 20% – 40% travel.
- Top-notch customer service, including timeliness, quality products, and delivery on promises.
- Cooperating within the organizational structure; taking direction from supervisor and other leaders.
- Offering a “how can I help?” attitude internally and externally. Productive communication and problem-solving.
Why Psychological Associates?
- Enjoy a variety of work and developmental opportunities ranging from assessments, 360 surveys, team interventions, succession planning, family business consulting, conducting leadership development workshops, coaching.
- We strive to live the Q4 culture that we teach: concern for the task and a regard for people.
- Travel opportunities.
- Charitable. Employees help select what causes we support financially and through services donation.
- Opportunity to have a major impact in our client organizations with your expertise and our support.
- Large enough to have professional tools and resources; small enough to be a family environment.
- Founded in 1958. Headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Family owned. 40 team members.
- We serve clients throughout the U.S., and in several foreign countries.
- We have published 5 books and developed an integrated suite of tools around our Q4 Model of Behavior.
- We have an extensive base of intellectual property that has been developed over the last 62 years.
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life, STD, LTD, Paid Vacations, Sick, and Personal Time
For Consideration please submit resume to Hope Litzsinger: email@example.com Questions? 314-725-7771.