Make a significant impact in a variety of client organizations by helping with their organizational development, succession planning, talent selection, family business challenges, leadership development, etc.
Our training and approach, combined with your skills and expertise, will enable you to deliver top quality service. We will provide you with team members to assist with projects, and a variety of tools we have developed. You will report to the President of Psychological Associates.
- Ph.D. or Masters in Organizational Development, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Counseling Psychology, or Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited institution.
- Ability to demonstrate performance and outcomes in Organizational Development practitioner competencies:
- Client Relationship Building. Recognizes the importance of building long-term relationships and looks for opportunities to cultivate new relationships.
- Business Development/Marketing. Develops, writes, presents, and sells proposals. Engages in marketing activities such as networking, writing, speaking. Continues ongoing Professional Development in the field of OD.
- Knowledge of the Business, Industry, & Organization. Understands the basics of business systems; uses business tools and language when talking to clients; thinks strategically; views the organization from a systems perspective; understands external trends and organizational politics; and realizes how our work supports client business objectives.
- Self-Awareness. Understands personal values, biases, ethics, and how to manage self with others.
- Open & Effective Communication. Actively listens; asks in-depth questions; expresses self clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Offers clear and concise feedback; informs others frequently; gains agreement; and facilitates effectively.
- Management/Organization Theory. Understands organization structure, model, contingency, systems, and change theories. Ability to see the whole picture.
- Teamwork/Collaboration. Provides a process for teams to share ideas, solve problems, identify solutions, make decisions, communicate effectively, and work together cooperatively.
- Research Methods. Understands basic data-gathering methodologies, including both qualitative and quantitative techniques (i.e. surveys, interviews/focus groups, the Internet, etc.).
- Organization Behavior. Understands organization culture and the effects of leadership, power, and politics.
- Facilitation/Process Consultation. Effectively plans and facilitates meetings; asks questions and uses process tools, such as dialogue and reflection, to support members of the group and outcomes. Helps clients to own the change process.
- Resource Management. Recognizes the importance of managing resources and time effectively. Actively seeks to manage projects and engagements with an understanding of quality, cost, time, and resources. Maintains high client satisfaction.
- Experience in several of our main service areas: leadership development, succession planning, talent selection, family business consulting.
- Certifications in coaching, human resources, etc. are a plus.
Client Delivery Activities (include many of the following)
- Plan, implement, and lead succession, leadership development, change management, and culture change projects.
- Interpret assessments, discuss your insights with hiring managers, write summary reports.
- Coach leaders to higher performance levels.
- Provide feedback to leaders on their 360° surveys.
- Conduct C-Suite team building sessions, helping them attain greater synergy.
- Facilitate our Leadership Through People Skills workshop.
- Guide family businesses through a web of often-challenging issues.
- Living our values: Being innovative; trusted partners; quality experience driven; enjoyable to work with; Q4.
- Top-notch customer service, including timeliness, high quality, and delivery on promises.
- Flexibility to respond to unexpected client requests. Ability to handle issues in an effective, timely manner.
- Offering a “How can I help?” attitude internally and externally. Productive communication and problem-solving.
- Cooperating within the organizational structure; taking direction from supervisor and leadership. Helping teach associates in your areas of expertise.
- 25 – 40% travel.
Why Psychological Associates?
- A growing organization with a newly promoted president, a fresh vision, and a team environment.
- Opportunity to have a major impact in client organizations with your expertise and our support.
- A variety of work assignments and developmental opportunities.
- We strive to live the Q4 culture that we teach: concern for the task and a regard for people.
- Attractive benefits package that includes: health, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance, 401k, employee bonus program, covered parking, continuing education, and networking opportunities through association involvement.
- Office space that is new, bright, and has great views. We have adjustable height desks for standing or sitting. Our building has a coffee shop/café, gym, and bank. Your choice of over 20 restaurants within a 2-block walk. We welcome your participation in selecting and supporting several annual charitable causes.
- Founded in 1958. Headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Family owned. 40 team members.
- We serve clients throughout the U.S., and in several foreign countries.
- We have published five books and developed an integrated suite of tools around our Q4 Dimensional® Model of Behavior™.
- We have intellectual property that has been developed over the last 60+ years. We strive to add to and update it to keep our content fresh and relevant.
If questions, please contact Christel Barbee at email@example.com