Psychological Associates helps companies select, develop, and retain talent for both domestic and multinational organizations. In business for almost 60 years, we provide services that define and support our clients’ business strategies. We prepare our clients to achieve the future they envision.
Psychological Associates (PA) is looking for an experienced sales/business development professional with a primary focus on growing new business. The person who fills the role will be expected to prospect for new business by phone, e-mail and through face-to-face presentations. While PA is headquartered in St. Louis, the candidate can be located elsewhere. The representative will be expected to travel 2 weeks each month. Products and services sold will include assessments, surveys, executive coaching, leadership development, and succession planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively identify new prospects, follow-up on PA’s lead generation activities, and leverage networking opportunities.
- Focus on adding new companies to PA’s portfolio of clients.
- Submit relevant and timely sales reports, including pipeline and proposal activity and sales forecasts.
- When appropriate, assists Ph.D. Consultants with key clients, delivering presentations; developing and maintaining relationships; and assisting with negotiations and closing business.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience selling an intangible business service.
- Experience in the industry of talent management and/or organizational development highly desirable.
- A proven ability to hunt for new business opportunities through cold-calling, networking, use of social media, etc.
- Experience selling to Vice Presidents and C-suite executives.
- An ability to manage client relationships while serving as the business expert.
- Experience discovering and understanding an accounts’ short- and long-term business objectives.
- Experience developing relationships with prospects over the course of a long selling cycle.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with people both outside and within the organization.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.